Sunday 10 November 2013

Alphabet Soup - Illustrator (2)




Sinem Erkas

One of the main things I think of in relation to dimension is lines, accuracy and results, this typeface has such a contrast in line weight, I think that this is something I will experiment with as it links with my partners personality. The extra lines within the shape seem to give it more depth, it creates a heavier letterform which is then balanced out with extra light serifs and other characteristics. I think the extra lines in grey should be incorporated into all of the letters to see how that would look, some feel a bit separate and inconsistent.



Sinem Erkas

A second piece by the same designer Erkas was one that could also be linked to dimension or even just the unique use of lines in general. Its the continuity of the line in each letterform and how it has been constructed that works really well, the basic outline of a sans serif typeface has been used as apposed to a complex serif typeface, that would have made it too difficult I think. I like how some of the letters aren't fully completed as far as whole sides missing yet they are still perfectly clear and readable, whether this is just because they are in context of a sentence maybe.





Samuel Carter Mensah

This version of the typeface Helvetica has a fun and playful intention, it is based solely on the designers love of candy and the typeface itself. I think it focus's mainly at a younger audience with its tone being light hearted and bright, it reminds me of summer.




Samuel Carter Mensah

This is a second typeface developed by Samuel Carter Mensah, I am really surprised at how unique each letterform is considering how readable it is in context. I thought it might be complicated to read when I first saw the individual letterforms but it works well in context but only in large form I think. Because of how complex the type is I think it would only work with two colours and not with any image, I think this would make the page too busy and lose focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment