Friday 15 November 2013

Message and Delivery: Delivery




As far as 'high impact' goes I felt that the design of this campaign was really well presented, its loud and clear and I don't think it would be offensive but maybe controversial. The combination of minimal colours and forceful text creates a simple yet hard hitting poster, the use of the explicit language demonstrates the anger and seriousness of the message, but then it also seems to contradict itself as I feel some people may see this as humorous. I think that layering a simple image behind the text creates a good layout, it combines the two and shows the relation.


In context out in public I think this maybe could be seen in a different light, to young children it is too explicit, I think the parents would be concerned and offended. Having said that to the correct audience, dog walkers, it gets the message across strongly, I think it will make them feel guilty also. 'BAG IT. BIN IT. OR GET FINED.' This tagline is simple and factual, it states what is necessary and there is little amount of text so as not to be a tedious, long piece of information.



Propaganda posters from around the time of both world war one and world war two is particularly relevant to my research, they all convey a hugely strong message in a high impact design. Rather than a question of 'Is this tomorrow?' It is presented as a statement, it creates a horrifying message and is designed to shock and scare the audience. The use of fire symbolises danger, death and hell, all these negative connotations work well the serious tag line below to create a warning image that is high impact.


Michael Wied

This project is less hard hitting and more informal, I like the simple graphic images that relate to the subject of deforestation however I feel like the designer almost tip toes around the subject. He presents the facts in a neat, long paragraph that I feel draws away from the specific details, it doesn't really shock the audience but it seems to just inform them, this could be perceived as quite boring. The colours don't necessarily relate to the rainforest either, they have connotations of summer and the beach when put together. 


Experimental Jetset - Fur Free Fashion

The minimalism aspect of this piece is something which I think works particularly well regarding creating something that is to the point, factual and shocking. The words all have negative connotations and have been chosen to have this certain effect on the audience. There is little detail about what the project is about but I think it is self explanatory from the words, this is something I aim to display on my posters as it shouldn't be a design that should have to e explained. I think the use of the ampersand is unnecessary and could be removed and allow the poster to still speak for itself.


Experimental Jetset - Wearing Badges

Using objects that are interactive and fun such as badges and stickers is a good idea in terms of getting younger people involved. Relating to several audiences can spread the message much quicker and can get the message across much better and more efficiently. The simplicity of these makes the message clear, however it also makes me want to find out more about what is behind these, creating a message that draws in and intrigues the audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment