Tuesday 6 May 2014

OUGD401 Evaluation


BA (Hons.) GRAPHIC DESIGN
LEVEL
04
 Module Code 
OUGD401               


 Module Title
Context of Practice


END OF MODULE SELF-EVALUATION

NAME
Jessica Johnson


1.  What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

Throughout this module I have learnt a lot about the history of graphic design and methods relating to it such as print, this has given me a wider knowledge and a deeper understanding of its origins and processes. I learnt to quickly take notes in lectures and write condensed sentences to allow myself to do further research on my own behalf afterwards. I learnt the method of doing a semiotic analysis, this was something new to me however I found it quite easy to look at the connotations and denotations within images and really enjoyed this.



2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

It has been mainly written work through this module, I have learnt to be organised when it comes to writing lengthy pieces of information. My approach to research is a method I have developed through this module, I have started looking in books and journals a lot more, I find that these sources are much more reliable and offer much more indepth information.





3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

My first strength I think I have learnt is that I can analyse images to a certain depth and considering all aspects. I have become to understand that many images have several concepts and you have to look further into them to develop an understanding of the message it is trying to communicate. This is something I will continue to do within all my work as I feel it is important to understand design before we judge it. Another strength is that after writing my essay I have become more confident in my own opinion, I began to state my opinions rather than suggesting them and I feel this made my essay much stronger.


4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

One of the main weaknesses I found with my essay was the amount of sources I had, I feel I could improve my essay by adding more sources to give more of a reliable input to back up my arguments and key points with an existing study or statement. Time management would be something I would also reconsider, I need to become more aware of how long each task will take.









5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

1.     Look for more sources to make my argument more convincing
2.     Do more research of the back of my lecture notes
3.     Timetable myself more accurately
4.     Book print slot earlier
5.     Speak to tutor as soon as I have a problem instead of leaving it.



6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’) 

5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

1
2
3
4
5
Attendance



x

Punctuality



X

Motivation


x


Commitment


x


Quantity of work produced



X

Quality of work produced



X

Contribution to the group


x


The evaluation of your work is an important part of the assessment criteria and represents a percentage of the overall grade. It is essential that you give yourself enough time to complete your written evaluation fully and with appropriate depth and level of self-reflection. If you have any questions relating to the self evaluation process speak to a member of staff as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment