Tuesday 21 April 2015

Crit for Research Proposal

Crit Feedback

- Look at Festinger Theory: Consistency, we feel uncomfortable without consistency, can this be linked in with logo design too?

- In 'memory test' research that I have proposed, show a group of people a high amount of logos in a very short space and see which ones they remember. Do greyscale and colour versions to see how much of an effect this has? Is colour the reason for contrast and therefore comes under figure/ground?

- Gradually add each principle to a logo. Start by making it symmetrical then add an element of closure etc

- This could also influence layout if I considered among a publication, logos could be set out on the page symmetrically, have a line of symmetry down the centre of the page?

- Brand Gestalt? What else would I brand and why? 

- Guide to how to design a logo? For student? As a publication? 

- Consider rebranding small companies/kickstarter/99designs.

I was really happy with the feedback I got in this small crit, I don't think the crit on the whole was very successful but I managed to get some useful comments that helped me to create some more ideas. The memory test I will alter slightly and increase the amount shown to the audience, I need to research how many tests I need to do to make it valid. The idea of a publication is something that interests me, I want to create a small book that shows the different principles in an obvious way. My next step is to actually carry out my testing and research, hopefully this will make me come to a conclusion of what I want to brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment