Thursday 24 October 2013

Lecture 1 - Introductory Overview




This initial lecture gave us a brief overview of what to expect this year from each of the four interlinking subjects, I felt it was best to write down everything incase any of the information from other topics became relevant to a project or brief. I enjoyed listening to the information I was given regarding the other subjects as it made me realise in greater depth how much graphic design was a huge part of each of them and vica versa.

I decided that I would do some further research into Fraktur, a font that I was first introduced to through this presentation.

From an extract I found in Just My Type I discovered that Fraktur had connotations to many people as a political typeface used in times of struggle in Germany, having strong cultural meaning but also negatively being perceived.

This typeface is too broken and does not flow in anyway, its legibility is questionable and the harsh angles make it feel uncomfortable and hostile. 






No comments:

Post a Comment